Ella is a family law lawyer at Hummingbird Lawyers LLP with a special focus on cases involving custody and access issues. Her legal work experience includes family law matters with some prior work on civil litigation, corporate, commercial and immigration files. After working directly with clients, Ella began appreciating and focusing her practice on family law, as it had a strong human element to it and presented the opportunity to do positive work, especially when children were involved.
Ella’s perceptive eye for the human element, together with her extensive background in community and volunteer work, have allowed Ella to develop a unique understanding for the emotional and psychological nuances that are universally present throughout and post separation. Whether these emotional and psychological aspects stem from the parties’ cultural background, personal histories or certain past events, Ella will actively balance such elements against the best interest of the child(ren), as well as the legal and practical requirements in each case.
- University of Ottawa (J.D., 2013)
- University of Toronto (B.A. Hons., 2007)
- Member, Ontario Bar (2014)
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Lawyers Association for International Human Rights
- Member, Iranian Canadian Legal Professionals
- Member, Women's Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF)
- Family Law