JOIN US – FIRST 50 REGISTRANTS GET FREE DINNER
WHAT: DINNER & FUNDRAISER
WHO: LEADING WOMEN 4 SHARED PARENTING (Canada)
WHEN: TUES JUNE 11, 2013, 5:00-9:00 pm
WHERE: FRANKIE TOMATTO’S ( Yum! www.frankietomatto.com)
7225 WOODBINE AVE.
MARKHAM, ON L3R 1A3 ( 2 LIGHTS NORTH OF STEELES AVE)
· Senator Anne Cools (and a LW4SP member)
· Professor Edward Kruk (Preview his upcoming book on replacement for current indeterminate “Best interest” standard – you’ll hear it here first!)
· Raise money to have leading women in Canada, US, and UK promote Shared Parenting through this novel concept and organization (check it out - www.lw4sp.org)
· Hear great speakers and new ideas
· Get together with FRM friends & colleagues
· It must be good event as Gene Colman, Brian Ludmer, and Hal Roback have squeezed their wallets to underwrite costs! J...and Barbara Kay is LW4SP Canadian patron
· Silent Auction ( yes, do something useful with your money this Tuesday)
ADMISSION: $35.00 –dinner included ( First 50 registrants get in free)
ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARD LW4SP TO EXPAND LIST OF PROMINENT CANADIAN, US, and UK WOMEN SUPPORTING AND PROMOTING SHARED PARENTING
REGISTER: Contact Paulette MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FORGET TO REGISTER? Pay at door (limited seating in Banquet Room so first-come-first-served)
Pass this on to other listserves and your friends...why should you be the only one with free chow?
How do I get to Frankie Tomatto’s?
SEN. COOLS AND PROF. KRUK TO SPEAK AT DINNER FUNDRAISER
FOR LW4SP (LEADING WOMEN 4 SHARED PARENTING)
For Immediate Release
June 7, 2013
Toronto – Two prominent advocates for shared parenting, Senator Anne Cools and Professor Edward Kruk, will be featured speakers at the fundraising dinner on June 11, 2013 for Leading Women 4 Shared Parenting (LW4SP), an organization of prominent women in Canada, USA, and the UK advocating for shared parenting as the presumptive legal standard following dissolution.
Senator Cools is known as a tireless advocate for shared parenting as part of broader family law reform. Together with former MP Roger Gallaway, Senator Cools became the national icon for family law reform with their vocal support for the “For the Sake of the Children” report issued by the Special Joint Committee on Child Custody and Access in 1998. Senator Cools was a key player in the Senate review of the Federal Child Support Guidelines and ensured legislation requiring proportional contributions towards child support by both parents was implemented.
Edward Kruk is Assistant Professor at the School of Social Work at the University of British Columbia and is recognized as one of the leading international authorities on child and family policy. He has authored three books and over 20 peer-reviewed papers. He will preview his upcoming book “The Equal Parenting Presumption” in which he proposes a revision to the current indeterminate “Best Interest of the Child” standard.
LW4SP (www.lw4sp.org) was founded in Spring 2013 to dispel the current myth that sole custody is the preferable mode of parenting following divorce or separation and to promote shared parenting as the presumptive mode based on overwhelming scientific research and popular support confirmed via repeated polling in numerous countries. In its 3 months of existence, LW4SP has already attracted 30 leading women in all walks of life and political affiliations: professors, politicians, lawyers, authors, journalists, NGO executives, and reform activists.
The fundraising dinner will be held at Frankie’s Tomatto’s (www.frankietomatto.com) in Markham ON ( 7225 Woodbine Ave, 2 lights north of Steeles Ave) on June 11, 2013 5:00-9:00PM. All proceeds will go towards LW4SP to expand the list of leading women supporting shared parenting.
Event costs have been kindly underwritten by the following sponsors:
· Gene C. Colman, Toronto Family Lawyer, Equal Shared Parenting Advocate (www.complexfamilylaw.com)
· Brian Ludmer, family lawyer and one of Canada’s leading experts in Parental Alienation
· Hal Roback, author of “Gold Digger Nation”
For information or reservations, contact:
Paulette McDonald (email@example.com )